Ten Mile River Trader

Collecting Ten Mile River, one patch at a time

Felt Ten Mile River Scout – Naturalist

by @ 4:15 pm on November 18, 2013. Filed under Ten Mile River pre-1965

During its earliest years, each borough operated its own independent camp(s) at Ten Mile River. Things began to change in 1938 when Alfred C. Nichols became the Director of TMR. A standard reservation‑wide program called the TMR Scout Award replaced individual borough awards and recognition programs.

Felt Ten Mile River Scout - Naturalist

Felt Ten Mile River Scout – Naturalist

A Scout had to complete various tasks and activities to earn the award. A second level of mastery was evidenced by a small metal star on a pin bar in the same color as the border.

The patch was used from 1938 to circa 1950 when it was replaced by cloth varieties.

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: https://www.tenmilerivertrader.com/blog/2013/11/18/felt-ten-mile-river-scout-naturalist/trackback/

Leave a Reply

[Ten Mile River Trader is proudly powered by WordPress.]