Ten Mile River Trader

Collecting Ten Mile River, one patch at a time

Camp Wauwepex Neckerchief with Felt Patch

by @ 10:06 am on March 29, 2020. Tags:
Filed under pre-1960 NYS Camps

The original Camp Wauwepex opened in 1921 in Miller Place, then moved to the present location in Wading River. It has served thousands of campers from Nassau County ever since. Wauwepex served the Scouts of than Nassau County Council and still serves the Scouts of Theodore Roosevelt council under the name Schiff Scout Reservation.

The image of the neckerchief shown below is in the Wauwepex colors. The patch design is very similar to what was used by Camp Watchung in New Jersey

Camp Wauwepex Neckerchief with Felt Patch

Camp Wauwepex Neckerchief with Felt Patch

The URI to TrackBack this entry is: http://www.tenmilerivertrader.com/blog/2020/03/29/camp-wauwepex-neckerchief-with-felt-patch/trackback/

Leave a Reply

[Ten Mile River Trader is proudly powered by WordPress.]